No political experience or campaign donations are required. Just get on the ballot in your state and fulfill the following requirements:
(1) You agree to serve as an independent representative ("no party preference").
(2) You agree not to accept campaign donations.
(3) You agree to vote, in Congress, consistent with majority interests - the electronically documented majority interests of your constituents (the Evoting Service “Users”).
(4) You agree to bring, before Congress, the highest prioritized User proposals.
(5) You agree to resign from Congress if the Users demand your resignation.
Technodemocratic Candidates operate independently and campaign as little or as much as they want.
Requirements Under Federal Law
U.S. Senate candidates must be: (1) at least 30 years of age; (2) a U.S. citizen for nine years; and (3) a resident of the State represented on the date he or she would be sworn into office if elected. See U.S. Constitution, Article I, § 3.
U.S. House Representative candidates must be: (1) at least 25 years of age; (2) a U.S. citizen for nine years; and (3) a resident of the State represented on the date he or she would be sworn into office if elected. See U.S. Constitution, Article I, § 2.
Requirements Under State Law
Candidate fees and paperwork requirements are set by state politicians and may change at any time. Please visit the Secretary of State website for your state. Each state's website is uniquely confusing. Alternatively, stop by the “Elections Office” in your county and ask for a “Candidate Guide”. The Candidate Guides are unique to each county and are typically more user friendly than the Secretary of State's website.
Copyright © 2018 evoteAmerica. All rights reserved.